25 Nov, 2002
- Kenney Auditorium, Johns Hopkins University
- 1740 Massachusetts Ave NW Washington, DC
WLP, in collaboration with the School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University, convenes prominent women leaders to discuss women’s leadership and strategies for expanding women’s political participation in Muslim societies.
Azar Nafisi moderates a panel that includes WLP representatives Mahnaz Afkhami, Ayesha Imam, Asma Khader, Thoraya Obaid, and Shirin Tahir-Kheli.
Watch: Women and Leadership in Muslim Societies: Voices for Change, part 1
Watch: Women and Leadership in Muslim Societies: Voices for Change, part 2
In addition to WLP representatives, Shirin Tahir-Kheli contributes.
Shirin Tahir-Kheli, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations for special political affairs, is a fellow and research professor at the SAIS Foreign Policy Institute of Johns Hopkins University. She is a member of the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom and formerly served on the National Security Council.
MESA Special Session: “Islam, Globalization and Feminist Networks”
- Marriot Warman Park Hotel
- 2660 Woodley Road, NW, Washington, DC
WLP/SAIS Reception and Public Event: “Women and Leadership in Muslim
Societies: Voices for Change”
- The School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University
- 1740 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Washington, DC
Reception: 5:00–5:30 PM
Program: 5:30-7:00 PM
8 PM MESA Reception
- Home of Marjorie Ransom
- 2269 Cathedral Ave., NW, Washington, DC