Director of Programs
Posted on July 19, 2022
Deadline for Applications: Rolling; open until filled
The Director of Programs (DoP) is a member of WLP’s leadership team who oversees the design, implementation, and evaluation of WLP programs. Working closely with the Executive Director, the DoP supervises a small team of program associates who specialize in different technical and geographic areas. The position provides a unique opportunity to build relationships and coordinate programs with feminist organizations and women’s rights leaders across the Global South.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Program planning, coordination and evaluation
- Coordinate implementation of WLP’s training, advocacy, and curriculum-development activities to meet WLP strategic priorities and project funder requirements. Maintain overall project tracking, priorities, partnership agreements and deadlines;
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of periodic reports for management and the Board, including goals and key performance indicator reports, as necessary or requested;
- With the Executive Director, establish effective relationships with partners and potential partners in order to grow programmatic reach;
- Coordinate peer-to-peer exchanges and capacity-building opportunities across the Partnership;
- Liaise with select WLP partner organizations and monitor relevant developments in the country/regional context and in relation to the partner;
- Develop and implement activities for team-building, and organizational learning and reflection; and
- Hire, train, and develop program staff.
Management and Finance
- Serve as the direct supervisor to a small team of program associates; and
- Support the Director of Finance to coordinate the budget for program activities and develop budget information for funding applications and grant proposals.
Grant Coordination and Reporting
- Working with program staff and the Director of Finance, coordinate the timely submission and all aspects of interim and final reports to funding agencies, as required by the funding agreement; and
- Work with the Executive Director and development staff in creating funding proposals in line with programmatic needs and priorities.
- Demonstrated commitment and dedication to women's empowerment and gender equality.
- Graduate degree in a related field (International Development, Women’s and Gender Studies, Anthropology, Public Administration, etc.).
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant professional experience, preferably with at least 5 years in the non-profit sector.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency with standard professional software for word processing, database management, video conferencing, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Experience managing staff, interns, and/or other team members
- Working proficiency in French, Russian, Portuguese, and/or Arabic is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the politics, history, and cultures in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and/or the Middle East.
- Experience living, working, or volunteering internationally.
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent medical, dental, and retirement benefits.
The applicant must have permission to work in the US, if not a US citizen or permanent resident. WLP is unable to sponsor work permits. The applicant must not now nor in the future require employer sponsorship for employment authorization (i.e. H-1B).
Please submit your cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a list of three references to: email@example.com with the subject line “Director of Programs.”
No calls please.
Women’s Learning Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer