Operations and Administrative Assistant
Job Description: The Operations and Administrative Assistant serves as an integrated member of the WLP team at the Secretariat office in Bethesda, Maryland, and will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer to provide administrative, logistical, and event support related to the implementation and follow-up of WLP activities and day-to-day operations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Administrative: Monitoring WLP’s main email account; answering the main phone; assisting the Director of Finance and Operations in processing partner and vendor payments including wire transfers; ordering office supplies and interfacing with vendors; shipping domestic and international mail; preparing staff meeting minutes; responding to day-to-day staff requests for administrative assistance.
- Logistical: Scheduling domestic and international travel (e.g. flights, buses, trains, accommodations, etc.) for partners and consultants as needed.
- Programmatic: Maintaining cordial and productive relationships with partners; monitoring incoming emails for global issues pertinent to women and human rights and vets to relevant staff; creating collateral such as nametags as needed using graphics program Publisher and Word; supporting event planning and implementation in consultation with staff.
- Executive support:
- Assisting with Gmail and Outlook calendar management for Chief Executive Officer
- Assisting with arrangement of calls and appointments.
- Updating and overseeing the Chief Executive Officer’s database of contact information in Gmail and Outlook.
- Coordinating the preparation and distribution of background and briefing materials and itineraries related to the Chief Executive Officer’s meetings with the Partnership and stakeholders, her presentations, and attendance at conferences.
- Overseeing timely completion of Chief Executive Officer’s expense vouchers and travel and expense reports.
- Update Chief Executive Officer’s Wikipedia page and website.
- Board liaising responsibilities.
- A results-oriented, multi-tasker with strong communications skills. Ability to apply a holistic approach for effective planning and communication with WLP’s international partners and management. Experience with office management, project and/or events management and customer service preferred. Attention to detail is required for this position. MS Office Suite and strong writing skills required. Exercises discretion and independent judgment in executing the responsibilities of this position.
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent medical, dental, and retirement benefits.
Applicant must have permission to work in the US, if not a US citizen or permanent resident. WLP is unable to sponsor work permits. Applicant must not now nor in the future require employer sponsorship for employment authorization (i.e. H-1B).
Please submit your cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a list of three references to: email@example.com with the subject line “Administrative Assistant.”
No calls please.
Women’s Learning Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.