Thank you for your interest in WLP. We currently have a position open for a Program Associate for Reporting and Evaluation.
Program Associate for Reporting and Evaluation
Posted October 3, 2018
Deadline for Applications: Rolling (open until filled)
Women's Learning Partnership (WLP) is a partnership of 20 autonomous organizations based in the Global South that trains and supports grassroots women and women’s organizations to take on greater leadership roles at the local, national, and international levels. WLP creates culturally-specific curricula and trainings on leadership, human rights, and democratic participation. The partnership also conducts research-based advocacy campaigns to reform laws and practices that impede women’s full participation in their communities and societies. WLP’s programs and training materials, published in twenty languages, have reached thousands of women in over 50 countries, empowering them to advocate for their rights, and strengthening organizations to advance women’s movements across the globe.
The Program Associate position is based at the WLP International office in Bethesda, Maryland. The position will support three key areas of WLP’s work: (1) as a partner liaison, providing communications and program coordination support to WLP partner organizations; (2) as a programmatic team member, coordinating and implementing strategies, tools, and processes for effective monitoring and evaluation of WLP’s work across the partnership; and (3) providing coordination and support for grant reporting. The position is full time, available immediately.
We are looking for a creative team-player and self-starter, with strong English writing skills, interest in and aptitude for technology, and demonstrated commitment to advancing women’s rights and gender equality.
Partner Programs Liaison
- Liaise with select WLP partner organizations and assist with coordinating the implementation and evaluation of WLP trainings, curriculum development, advocacy, and capacity building programs. Liaise with other WLP program associates to coordinate activities across program areas.
- Monitor relevant developments in the country/regional context and in relation to the partner. Work closely and maintain frequent communication with global partners.
- Support partner organizations in program planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Write reports based on program results from the field and assist with writing grant proposals.
- In cooperation with Executive Director (ED) and Finance Manager, provide programmatic information needed to prepare operational budgets.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- Track, manage, and periodically update WLP’s organizational and project-specific evaluation frameworks.
- Create and revise evaluation tools (surveys, reports, etc.) per the evaluation frameworks, and update existing tools in response to partner feedback and changing needs.
- In collaboration with the WLP liaison team, coordinate WLP’s online tools for collecting and analyzing data for monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure adequate and timely communication with WLP partners regarding changes to monitoring and evaluation tools and/or strategies.
Grant Coordination / Reporting
- Coordinate the timely submission and all aspects of interim and final reports to funding agencies, as required by the funding agreement, obtaining and collating relevant program information from staff.
- Coordinate grant requirements (publications, trainings, capacity building, advocacy, evaluations, and budget) with appropriate program staff to ensure all requirements are met and documented.
- Serve as collaborating writer for grant reports, working with relevant program staff.
- Interest in and commitment to women’s empowerment.
- Graduate degree in a related field (English, international relations, or other related field).
- Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience, preferably with at least 2 years in the non-profit sector.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation processes and strategies (or relevant coursework) and/or a strong interest in this area.
- Experience with program coordination.
- Ability to work in a small team environment and communicate professionally with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with standard professional software for word processing, database management, etc. Aptitude for and interest in learning new technologies.
- Working proficiency in French or Arabic desirable.
- Familiarity with the politics, history, and cultures in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East.
- Experience living, working, or volunteering internationally.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent medical, dental, and retirement benefits.
Applicant must have permission to work in the US, if not a US citizen or permanent resident. WLP is unable to sponsor work permits. Applicant must not now nor in the future require employer sponsorship for employment authorization (i.e. H-1B).
Please submit your cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a list of three references to: email@example.com with the subject line “Program Associate.” No calls please.
Women’s Learning Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.