25 Nov, 2019
- Global Activities
- WLP Partner Countries,
From November 25 to December 10, 2019, Women's Learning Partnership (WLP) is participating in the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence, a global campaign to build awareness of and end violence against women and girls. In addition to a Partnership-wide awareness campaign, WLP partners will implement education campaigns, demonstrations, and workshops. Through these activities, grassroots women and men will develop strategies for achieving safe and egalitarian societies for every woman and girl.
WLP Partner Activities and Events:
- As part of the 16 Days Against Gender-Based Violence, WLP has compiled facts, strategies, and insight from activists from WLP partner organizations on gender-based violence in their countries. WLP will share facts on social media as part of a digital awareness campaign.
- November 25 – December 10: WYDII will post contents on gender-based violence campaign on social media activity and outreach relating to 16 Days themes.
- December 3:WYDII will hold a Teachers’ Training on Gender Based Violence. This training aims to improve teachers’ awareness on gender sensitive perspective and adept to response any gender based (sexual) violence. The training will involve teachers of middle and high schools of private and public-school system to. This training will be held in collaboration with Center of Gender Studies (PSW) of Airlangga University, Indonesia Chapter of the Asian Muslim Action Network (AMAN), Human Rights Network (JPP HAM), and Fatayat NU.
- December 6: WYDII will conduct a workshop with several high schools students in Surabaya on Identifying Sexual Violence”. In collaboration with Vocational Christian School (SMK) and Islamic School in Kediri, Surabaya.
- December 9: WYDII, along with other NGOs and academic community, will organize an audience with the Legislative Members of the People’s Welfare Commission of East Java Province to advocate the Passage of the Elimination of Sexual Violence Bill. This audience also intends to generate more of public support and public debate to the passage of the Bill.
- November 19: SIGI will host field activities and capacity building workshops in the al-Baqa Palestinian Camp.
- November 25: SIGI will launch their GVB campaign with a ceremony at 1 p.m. featuring and opening speech from Asma Khader followed by a screening of a short film and rap song produced by SIGI, GAM traditional band performance, and a balloon release to declare the launch of the 16 Days of Activism Campaign.
- November 26: SIGI will host field activities and capacity building workshops in the Asma bint Abi Baker Park/ al-Zohour area.
- November 26: SIGI will hold a public discussion around Violence Against Women from the legal perspective and the different avenues of advocacy available. The discussion will take place at the SIGI-Jordan Headquarters in collaboration with Journalist Center for Human Rights.
- November 27: SIGI will host field activities and capacity building workshops in the Queen Noor Park/ Hasmi Janoobi area.
- November 28: SIGI will host field activities and capacity building workshops in the Price Hashem Park/ Hashmi Shamali.
- November 30: SIGI will lead a public walk to heighten the visibility of the 16 Days of Activism campaign, titled ‘For Your Eyes.’
- December 1: SIGI will host a specialized painting workshop for free-color expression around combating Violence Against Women and Girls.
- December 1: SIGI will host field activities and capacity building workshops in the Abu Darwish Center/ Ashrafiya.
- December 2: SIGI will host field activities and capacity building workshops in the Sweileh Institute/ Sweileh.
- December 3: SIGI will host field activities and capacity building workshops in the Central Library in downtown Amman.
- December 3: SIGI will facilitate a capacity-building workshop in the Greater Amman Municipality Organization Headquarters in Abdali.
- December 4: SIGI will facilitate a capacity-building workshop in the Greater Amman Municipality Organization Headquarters in Abdali.
- December 4: SIGI will host field activities and capacity building workshops in the Queen Noor Park/ Hashmi Janoobi.
- December 5: SIGI will host field activities and capacity building workshops in the Mahmood al-Qadah Park/ al-Naser Mountain.
- December 8: SIGI will host field activities and capacity building workshops in Al-Yubeel Center/ al-Hussein Palestinian Camp.
- December 8: SIGI will facilitate a workshop on Violence in the World of Work at the Headquarters of al-Osar al-Tanmawiya.
- December 9: SIGI will host field activities and capacity building workshops in the Wadi al-Seer Library.
- December 9: SIGI will facilitate a workshop on Violence in the World of Work at the Headquarters of al-Osar al-Tanmawiya/ Hashmi Shamli.
- December 10: SIGI’s Closing Ceremony for the 16 Days of Activism will include a display of artwork and paintings completed during the painting workshop. The Closing Ceremony will also showcase achievements of the campaign, materials used throughout the campaign. This Ceremony will be held at Shuhad Park, Amman, in collaboration with the Schizophrenia Community Social Media Initiative.
- November 25-December 10: SWRC will be providing legal, physiological and social assistance to victims of domestic violence through individual consultations in the office.
- November 26: SWRC will be teaching a seminar to middle school students titled “Childhood without cruelty and violence.” The seminar aims to increase the legal literacy of children by informing them about the existing hotlines and crisis centers available to them. This event will also include a flash mob for the students as part of the training on the prevention of domestic violence against women and children.
- November 28: SWRC will hold a training on “Prevention of Trafficking in Persons”
- November 29: SWRC will hold a training on “Prevention of Domestic Violence Against Women and Children”
- December 2: SWRC will host a Master Class “I choose new features” at the SWRC office.
- December 5: SWRC will conduct a seminar, “My Life: Sacrifice or New Choice” held at the Mother’s
- House Rehabilitation Center for Women.
- December 9: SWRC will coordinate a public moment of silence in the center of Shymkent to raise awareness for GBV. Participants will hold slogans and facts about GBV.
- November 25-December 9: CRTDA will conduct a campaign titled “Advocacy against GBV during the Lebanese Revolution 2019.” The campaign will be twofold, with the first pillar concerned with advocacy on gender inclusive nationality law in Lebanon related to the current uprising, and the second pillar structured around family law reform and the current uprising.
- November 25-December 9: AWAM will be conducting a social media campaign, releasing an infographic and/or poster every day following the #OrangetheWorld UN campaign. The campaign will also include information about specific service providers and medical personnel who can help victims dealing with GBV related issues.
- November 25-December 9: AWAM will set up an online petition to advocate against rape. The online petition will include demands like:
- (i) Expanding on the legal definition of rape to include men and boys
- (ii) Making marital rape a crime
- (iii) Taking the act of date rape more seriously (its usually dismissed by cops as a case of lovers' quarrel or seen by younger people as a natural part of the dating routine)
- (iv) To push for better laws that are more victim centric
- November 25-December 9: AWAM will be conducting a poster campaign outside of their office that will display rape cases that have happened in recent months around the country and another one that will display statistics regarding GBV.
- November 23: As a strategic partner of UN Women, ADFM was invited to participate in an event to launch the 16 days of activism against GBV organized by the office of UN Women in Morocco. The theme of the campaign in Morocco this year is "Positive Masculinities: Men and Boys Reject Violence against Women and Girls". The event will take place on Saturday, November 23, 2019 in Marrakech in the form of an information village. ADFM will host and animate a stand to inform the general public about its efforts to end gender-based violence in Morocco.
- November 27: ADFM will hold a press conference to present the "Parallel Report of Moroccan Associations on the Implementation of the Beijing + 25 Declaration and Program of Action" in honor of the 25th anniversary of the adoption of the Beijing Declaration and Platform of Action. Link to the report here.
- November 24: Press conference on the 16 Days of Activism Campaign “Orange the World: Generation Equality Stands Against Rape” at Press Club Quetta with partner network and Civil Society Organizations.
- November 25: Aurat will host a media forum at the Express Forum venue in Lahore.
- November 25: Aurat Foundation will particpate in the 16 Days UN Women event in Lahore
- November 25-30: Aurat Foundation will host in a session to raise awareness about Violence Against Women. The session will include screening of documentaries and will take place at the BRSP office.
- November 25- December 10: PTV Program (Pashto/Urdu/Brahvi) for the 16 Days of Activism Campaign “Orange the World: Generation Equality Stands Against Rape.”
- November 25- December 10: Radio Program (Pashto/Urdu/Brahvi) for the 16 Days of Activism Campaign “Orange the World: Generation Equality Stands Against Rape” on Radio Pakistan Quetta.
- November 26-27: Aurat Foundation will set up a stall to highlight IEC material concerned with the 16 Days of Activism during the International Water Conference. This stall will be located at the Marriot Hotel in Karachi.
- November 27: Aurat Foundation will participate in The Sindh Commission on statutes of women will take place at Hyderabad.