Our Partnership Model
Women's Learning Partnership is a partnership of 20 autonomous women’s rights organizations located throughout the Global South that promote women’s leadership, civic engagement, and human rights. We are a learning organization that is flexible, evolving, and responsive to the changes in our environment. We sustain our partnership through open, ongoing, and in- depth communication about our vision, goals, and activities.
Transnational Partners Convening
WLP hosts an annual, week-long event and celebration that is attended by representatives from all of our partner organizations, our Board of Directors, and members of our Advisory Council. At our Transnational Partners Convenings, or TPCs, we conduct our State of the Partnership and State of the World reviews. The entire organization participates in monitoring, evaluation, and learning processes that allow us to assess our impact, review our best practices, and commit (or recommit) the Partnership to campaigns and new organizational directions. Our TPC gatherings frequently lead to new advocacy initiatives and help to build momentum for our global advocacy campaigns.
Each year, WLP organizes the TPC to coincide with other significant international gatherings so that our partners and board members can meet with activists from around the globe. We also plan public events to coincide with the TPC, which raise the visibility of our partners’ work, and bring to the public’s attention our newest films and publications. WLP records our TPC events to preserve our own institutional history and WLP’s engagement with the women’s movement.
Below is a map of the world showing all of the WLP partners. Please click any of the pins on the map to learn more about our partners’ work around the globe.
- Afghan Activists and Scholars
- All Women's Action Society
- Association of Female Heads of Households
- Aurat Foundation
- Center for Advancement of Development Rights
- Citizenship, Study, Research, Information, and Action
- Democratic Association of Moroccan Women
- Forum for Women in Development
- Foundation for the Support of Women's Work
- Fórum Mulher
- Groupe d'Initiatives pour le Progrès Social/West Africa Region (GIPS/WAR)
- Human Rights Movement: Bir Duino-Kyrgyzstan
- Iranian Activists and Scholars
- Shymkent Women's Resource Center
- Solidarity is Global Institute/Jordan
- Women and Youth Development Institute of Indonesia
- Women's Self-Promotion Movement