25 Jan, 2022
- Awaiting Confirmation
Women’s Learning Partnership is profoundly saddened by the passing of Jordanian women’s rights advocate and WLP founding member Asma Khader. Her commitment to inclusive leadership, shared decision-making, and life-long learning served as a guiding light for the global women’s movement.
On January 25, to honor the life and legacy of Asma Khader, WLP will host an event to celebrate the extraordinary impact of Asma’s work in the field of gender equality and human rights in Jordan, the MENA region, and beyond. Distinguished speakers will discuss Asma’s contributions to the women’s movement and reflect on their memories working alongside her.
- Her Royal Highness Princess Basma bint Talal
- Sima Sami Bahous | Executive Director of UN Women
- Melanne Verveer | Executive Director of Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security
- Salma Nims | Secretary General of Jordanian National Commission for Women
- Manal Tahtamouni | Board Chair of Solidarity is Global Institute - Jordan
- Azza Karam | Secretary General of Religions for Peace
- Soon-Young Yoon | Former Chair of NGO CSW
- Mahnaz Afkhami | President and Founder of Women’s Learning Partnership
Moderated by Musimbi Kanyoro, Board Chair of Women's Learning Partnership