Leading to Choices Appendix A: Alternative Scenarios (manual excerpt)
This section presents six alternative scenarios that have been used in place of, or in addition to, sessions in the Leading to Choices manual. The scenarios have been used in grassroots leadership workshops by WLP partner organizations in Jordan, Morocco, Nigeria, and Palestine. The sessions include:
1. Respecting And Reforming Local Attitudes And Culture Maryam Midyeh: Educator on Women’s Reproductive Rights: This scenario has been used as an alternative to the scenario in Session 3 by workshop participants in Palestine.
2. Exercise: Looking at a Problem from Different Perspectives: This exercise has been used as an alternative to the group activity in Session 5 by workshop participants in Nigeria.
3. Women’s Participation in General Elections: How to Make My Voice Heard and Effective: This session has been used as a substitute for Session 10 by workshop participants in Jordan.
4. Exercise: Mobilizing for Action: The Case of Bariya Ibrahim Magaz: This exercise has been used as an alternative for the exercise in Session 10 by workshop participants in Nigeria.
5. Lobbying For The Right Of Women’s Citizenship In Palestine: This session has been used as a substitute for Session 11 by workshop participants in Palestine.
6. Organizing to Protect the Legal Rights of Women Employees: This session has been used as a substitute for Session 12 by workshop participants in Morocco.