Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Website
When you visit the WLP website, we automatically gather and store information about your visit. We do this to track the use of the WLP website in order to make improvements to it. The information is stored and used in the aggregate only, and is not used to identify or contact you personally.
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the WLP website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, operating system, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the WLP website. This information includes a reading history of the pages, files, documents, and links that you visit.
- We collect and store “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
Personal Information You Provide to Us
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify or contact an individual, such as a name, address, email address, or financial information. As a general matter, you can browse the WLP website without submitting your personal information to us. We will not collect personal or contact information from users of the WLP website, other than what you provide to us on a voluntary basis by, for example, sending emails, completing subscription forms, registering for events, making a donation, or responding to surveys.
The following is a list of the most common ways in which we collect your personal information.
- When you sign up to receive e-mail newsletters from us;
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events;
- When you make an online donation;
- When you communicate with us through the WLP website;
- When you request information or assistance;
- When you participate in surveys;
- In conjunction with your employment inquiries or applications;
- When you participate with social media accounts involving WLP properties;
- In conjunction with any other place on the WLP website where you knowingly volunteer personal information;
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the WLP website’s terms and conditions.
When you interact with any WLP page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Instagram, we may also collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or through that account, including your account ID or “handle.”
How We Use the Information We Collect
If you provide us with personal information, we will normally respond to your inquiry, request, or order. We may also contact you to provide information about WLP activities, programs, opportunities, and special events.
We will never sell, barter, rent, or give your name or information to anyone outside WLP unless you affirmatively authorize us to do so.
We use the information we learn from you to help us continually improve our practices, processes, content, and general user experience on the WLP website. We use your personal and non-personal information in the following ways:
- Responding to your inquiries
- Sending you periodic newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by e-mail or another medium
- Event or program registration
- Optimizing or improving our programs and operations
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
Online Donations and Donor Privacy
In order to make a donation on the WLP website, the user must provide required information including contact information and financial information (credit card number and expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to provide donation tax receipts and courtesy acknowledgements. If we have trouble processing a donation, the contact information may be used to get in touch with the donor.
WLP does not store any credit card information on its servers and uses a payment gateway to process the payment information. To ensure the security of your personal information when making an online donation, you will be taken to a secure form on a secure server hosted by our payment processor, First Data.
WLP maintains a commitment to donor privacy. We will not sell, rent, share or trade our donors' names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. This policy applies to all information received by WLP, both online and offline, as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
WLP is committed to ensuring that its IT systems, applications and information technology infrastructure are secured. Any personally identifiable information is stored on secure data servers. We use industry-standard methods to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information. WLP requires credit card processing be secured based on compliance to Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards. When you use your credit card for an online donation to WLP, that transaction is always encrypted when traveling over the Internet.
Unauthorized access and/or unauthorized attempts to change information on the WLP website are strictly prohibited and punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with an appropriate law enforcement investigation, current judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on our website.
Within the WLP website there are links to non-WLP websites. These sites operate independently of WLP and have their own privacy policies. When you link to third party websites, you leave the WLP website and no longer will be subject to our privacy and security policies. WLP is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of non-WLP websites, and such links are not intended to be an endorsement of the non-WLP website or its content.
If you have any questions or requests regarding this policy, or if you believe WLP has erroneous or incomplete information about you, please use the Contact Form or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be removed from the mailing list, click the unsubscribe link in any email received from our list or send an e-mail to email@example.com stating that you would like to be unsubscribed.