CONSULTANCY: ONLINE LEARNING SPECIALIST
Deadline for Applications: Rolling until filled
Women's Learning Partnership (WLP) is a partnership of 20 autonomous organizations based in the Global South that trains and supports grassroots women and women’s organizations to take on greater leadership roles at the local, national, and international levels. WLP creates culturally-specific curricula and trainings on leadership, human rights, and democratic participation. The partnership also conducts research-based advocacy campaigns to reform laws and practices that impede women’s full participation in their communities and societies. WLP’s programs and training materials, published in twenty languages, have reached thousands of women in over 50 countries, empowering them to advocate for their rights and strengthening organizations to advance women’s movements across the globe.
The Online Learning Specialist is a part-time, remote consultancy position. The position will design and implement WLP’s e-learning programs using WLP’s participatory methodology and leadership curriculum. This position will require about 25 hours per week.
We are looking for an experienced professional and self-starter, with demonstrated skills using technology and designing online courses and a commitment to advancing women’s rights and gender equality.
- Develop and design training materials, agendas, resources, and exercises for online leadership and capacity building courses based on WLP’s inclusive and participatory training methodology;
- Work with WLP partners and staff to identify priorities and areas for growth in online trainings and e-learning;
- Coordinate and conduct e-courses and online trainings
- Recruit and coordinate facilitators and communicate with participants;
- Evaluate and report on the trainings, including identifying new training and capacity building opportunities;
- Coordinate the adaptation and implementation of online courses into local languages to be utilized by partners at the local level;
- In cooperation with Chief Operating Officer and Director of Finance provide programmatic information needed to prepare operational budgets.
- Experienced professional with minimum 6 years designing, implementing, and evaluating online learning programs, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Proficiency with standard professional software for e-learning, word processing, multimedia editing, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Degree in a related field (International Education, Technology, etc.)
- Arabic, French, or Russian language
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Applicant must have permission to work in the US, if not a US citizen or permanent resident. WLP is unable to sponsor work permits. Applicant must not now nor in the future require employer sponsorship for employment authorization (i.e. H-1B).
Please submit your cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a list of three references to:
with the subject line “Online Learning Specialist.”
No calls, please.
Women’s Learning Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.